I specialize in pragmatics and philosophy of language, with an emphasis on speech act theory. In my work, I adopt the Austinian framework to account for such phenomena as accommodation, irony, linguistic underdeterminacy, presuppositions, and meaning negotiation. Currently, I am interested in studying covert speech (insinuations, back-door speech acts, etc.) and linguistic etiolation.
- ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-0462-1678
- WEB OF SCIENCE: https://www.webofscience.com/wos/author/record/1186753
- ACADEMIA.EDU: http://szczecin.academia.edu/MaciejWitek
- PHILPAPERS: https://philpeople.org/profiles/maciej-witek
- GOOGLE SCHOLAR: Maciej Witek – Google Scholar
- RESEARCH GATE: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Maciej-Witek